A New Species Of App Requires A New Delivery Platform – A “Cloud-Sliver”
Just a sliver
- A Cloud-Sliver contains just the necessary essence, a sliver, of the massive software infrastructure resident in the cloud and enterprise scale applications.
Runs at network edge
- A Cloud-Sliver instance manages storage and compute resources at a granular scale.
- A Cloud-Sliver runs on hardware at the network edge. It runs on smartphones and other mobile devices, network hardware, desktop PCs, departmental workstations, and conventional servers both in your data center and in the cloud.
- If the hardware has a processor, some storage, and a network connection — it can be a Cloud-Sliver resource.
Distributed processing & storage
- Cloud-Sliver is a distributed development and delivery software platform.
- It enables an enterprise application and its databases to be split into dozens, hundreds, thousands, or millions of loosely-coupled distributed processing and storage resources.
- Decentralized, distributed management of these resources so they behave as a coherent whole is an innate capability of each Cloud-Sliver instance.
- Cloud-Slivers utilize distributed libraries of features and content for industry specific or use-case specific applications.