A New Species Of App Requires A New Delivery Platform – A “Cloud-Sliver”
Just a sliver
- A Cloud-Sliver contains just the necessary essence, a sliver, of the massive software infrastructure resident in the cloud and enterprise scale applications.
Runs at network edge
- A Cloud-Sliver instance manages storage and compute resources at a granular scale.
- A Cloud-Sliver runs on hardware at the network edge. It runs on smartphones and other mobile devices, network hardware, desktop PCs, departmental workstations, eliminating the need for conventional data centers.
- If the hardware has a processor, some storage, and a network connection — it can be a Cloud-Sliver resource.
- Cloud-Sliver edge technology eliminates the need for on premise data centers or cloud data centers. Cloud-Sliver apps enable customers to TRANSFORM and eliminate DATA CENTER costs, simultaneously.
- Every Cloud-Sliver can talk to any other app-sliver, ending the days of “islands of information” that cannot communicate.
Distributed processing & storage
- Cloud-Sliver is a distributed development and delivery software platform.
- It enables an enterprise application and its databases to be split into dozens, hundreds, thousands, or millions of loosely-coupled distributed processing and storage resources.
- Decentralized, distributed management of these resources so they behave as a coherent whole is an innate capability of each Cloud-Sliver instance.
- Cloud-Slivers utilize distributed libraries of features and content for industry specific or use-case specific applications.