True Transformation Demands A New Species of Application – an “App-Sliver”
True transformation means dramatic improvements to the business.
Dramatically reduce data center & cloud provider costs
- Today’s hardware is immensely powerful. You carry a super-computer in your pocket in the form of your smartphone. You don’t need a large data center, or massive cloud deployment, to do “real work”.
- The largest compute resource on the planet is the collective storage and compute resources at the edge of the network. It dwarfs your data center and the data centers of your cloud providers.
- Cloud-Sliver enables you to use the hardware you already have – servers, tablets, PCs to deliver enterprise level apps — without a data center.
Eliminate software platform costs
- You are paying database and virtual machine software license fees today because you don’t think you have a choice.
- Distributed processing at the network edge or on a public cloud using commodity hardware & operating systems gives you a choice.
- Cloud-Sliver eliminates the need for these obsolete software stacks and their maintenance and the army of technical people who make them work.
- The result: Cloud-Sliver enables a Fortune 250 company to reduce its IT costs by HALF.
Incorporate all data
- Some of your most valuable data is in business unit and departmental spreadsheets, files, and desktop databases.
- Holistic customer views require incorporating data from public or 3rd party data sources outside the enterprise.
- Intimate customer views require data from the customers themselves.
- All of these data sources, in addition to data from your legacy systems-of-record need to be integrated and continuously updated in real-time.
- Distributed ETL (extract, transform, load) at each data source makes this easy.
Develop & deploy quickly
- Apps have to be developed and deployed in a single business quarter. Business competition changes too quickly for anything slower.
- An inversion-of-control distributed processing architecture with embedded GUI widgets makes developing and deploying sophisticated enterprise-scale applications a task measured in days – not months and years.
Up-to-date real-time customer views
- Continuously absorb all data across the enterprise in multiple formats, from existing enterprise-level apps to broad data sources maintained independently by business units.
- Continuous ETL (extract, transform, load) at each data source coupled with real-time distributed processing innately provides this.
Accessed from anywhere
- App functionality must be accessible from the desktop or mobile device – from anything and anywhere that has web access.
- Distributed process with embedded web services makes this a natural, intuitive way to develop and deploy apps.
- Apps use a distributed microsegmented data security architecture coupled with distributed public/private key crypto-infrastructure.
- In the unlikely event of a security breach, only the specific microsegmented data payload is compromised.
- The massive large-scale data breaches that make the evening news become a physical and mathematical impossibility.